We have created a document to share some background on why we began to develop eVersions of our resources.
• What is Locklizard and why do I need it?
Locklizard is the software that grants you access to your ePack. You will need to download the ‘LockLizard Safeguard PDF Viewer software’ and activate your Locklizard Safeguard Licence in order to access your ePack. You will receive an email from the Solihull Approach with instructions on how to download your file, install the viewer and activate your licence.
• What is a PDC file?
The ePack(s) that you have purchased will be emailed to you in a PDC file, which is an encrypted PDF file that can only be opened after:
1. Downloading and installing the ‘LockLizard Safeguard PDF Viewer software’
2. Activating your licence. You will find your licence within the automated email from Locklizard. The link will be in your name e.g., ‘John Smith Licence’.
• How do I open a PDC file?
The required software and licence are included in the email from the Solihull Approach and Locklizard. Instructions on how to download your file, install the viewer and activate your licence are also included in the email.
To open your PDC file:
1. Make sure that you are connected to the internet. (You will only need internet access to download the file, after that you will be able to access the file offline).
2. Open the email that has been sent from the Solihull Approach and follow the steps as listed to install the viewer, register your licence and gain access your ePack(s).
• Where do I get the eVersion file(s) that I have just purchased?
Once you have purchased your manual, you will receive an automated email from Locklizard with your licence; the link will be in your name e.g., ‘John Smith Licence’. You will also receive an email from the Solihull Approach with instructions on how to download your file, install the viewer and activate your licence.
• I received a new computer, or my computer has been re-imaged, and now I am getting an error regarding licensing – “No more licences available”.
Licences are tied to the IP address, and operating system of the computer that is used to open and view the PDC files to which the licence is linked. If any of these items change, your licence will not be valid. If you anticipate such changes to your computer, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a replacement licence.
• I tried to register on both my laptop and desktop computer, but receive the error “No more licences available”.
Each licence grants you access to view an ePack on one device. If you need to view an ePack on more than one device, you must purchase additional licences. Please visit the shop to purchase additional licences.
• Can I give my licence to somebody else?
Because licences are personalised, once you have activated an individual licence by double-clicking it and registering, it cannot be used on any other machine. If you need to view an ePack on more than one device, you must purchase additional licences. ePacks may be purchased and sent to someone else provided the licence file has not been activated. Please visit the shop to purchase additional licences.
• Do I have to be connected to the internet to view an ePack?
You will only need internet access to install the viewer, activate your licence and also when you are accessing your ePack for the first time. You will then be able to access your ePack offline.
• Can I print my ePack?
You will not be able to print your eResource pack but will be able to print your eLeaflet pack. Note: every eVersion or print version pack you purchase will have a free 12 month licence to print and view the eLeaflet pack.
• Can I copy and paste text from a PDC file?
No, it is not possible to copy and paste content.
• I get the message “Failed to check licence. Unable to initialise licence store” when I try to open my licence.
Locklizard requires that you are logged onto your computer as an administrator to be able to activate your licence. Without the additional rights, the keystore file cannot be created. Log on as an administrator and try opening the licence again.
• How do I remove the keystore and why would I want to? For that matter, what is a “keystore”?
Your keystore is the history of all licences registered on your computer. You may need to remove the keystore if there is a problem with licence registration or the keystore has become corrupted. On PC, go to Start menu > Programs > Lizard Safeguard > PDF Viewer > Remove Keystore. On Mac, open LockLizard Safeguard Viewer from your Applications, click on the application title at the very top of your screen, and select Remove Keystore. Once you have done this, you will need to re-activate your licence to regain access to your eVersion files. If you no longer have any more licences left, then please send an email to email@example.com to request a replacement licence.
If you have any issues which are not dealt with here, contact the Solihull Approach office on: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Book an individual training place(s)/view dates
View more information about group training
Shop for resources and other products
Log your groups and complete your data returns